Thursday, 24 July 2014

Missguided style challenge - How to wear a maxi dress...

Are you looking at my pics and thinking hello upgrade! I hope so because I finally purchased the 50mm lens for my SLR and my god can you notice a difference.  
My camera is quite old now, I got the Canon 400D for my 21st birthday when I was studying fashion photography at Uni, so were talking 6 years ago!
I would love to invest in some new equipment but as I don't lay gold bars just this lovely little lens will do for now.  

Anyway onto the outfit... Missguided's Maxi dress style challenge is about showing different ways that this versatile piece of clothing can be dressed up or down.  
I started simple with the dress initially and then accessorised to take the dress from day to night.  This is my casual take on a maxi dress, the simple bandeau style is perfect for the Summer days and easily dressed down with a checked shirt, sliders, scrunchies and a white drawstring bag.







Dress c/o - Missguided / Bag c/o - Missguided / Shirt - Vintage / Sliders (in sale now) - River Island / Sunglasses - River Island



So what do you think, how do you like to style your maxis?  

Missguided's selection is pretty damn good at the moment, they are rocking some fab prints that I was drawn to but wanted to keep it classic on this occasion.  
Don't forget to keep your eyes peeled for my night time version of this look.


xxx









11 comments:

  1. I love how you have tied the plaid shirt around your waist, so 90's! And loving the new lens

    The Velvet Black // UK Style, Beauty and Lifestyle Blog

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't stop looking at the sliders!! They are amazing!! I'm wearing checked shirt with everything at the moment they just go with everything! Xx Hanna

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love how you styled this, it looks amazing. The shirt tied around makes it look really casual and cool! i have some similar shoes and practically live in them they are that comfy! xx


    ,clairelouiseamelia

    ReplyDelete
  4. Don't usually like bandeau style maxi's but I love the way you've styled this one! :)

    http://www.apparelramblxngs.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  5. Maxis aren't really my think but this is styled perfectly! What would we do without a check shirt tied around the waist?! And those slides are insane

    www.twoshoesonepair.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. The shirt is cool. I just bought similar shoes. Check them out on my blog! xx

    http://peppygazoo.blogspot.de/

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love the shirt and the pop of colour that comes from it; looks so good next to the black.

    PS we haven't spoken in so long, hope you're well.

    Ruth xx

    www.kimkimipie.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  8. your new camera is gorge - this lens is so good! it makes such a difference, best purchase I've made n all - ps love the outfit x

    ReplyDelete

Blogger Template Made by pipdig